Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Goodbyes are harder when it really does mean goodbye.

Today was my last day with my 6th grade science class. When I started here, I wasn't really thrilled about having lots of classes with the sixth graders since I have no experience with them, but I am so glad that I got the chance to get to know all of them. I've been to the Sierra Nevadas with them, toured their instituto (high school) with them, and practiced pronunciation of so many new vocabulary words that I'm sure they're tired of hearing me talk. But they have been so much fun. They're definitely not afraid to say what they think, which can be hilarious, especially with the questions they have for me.


Love these kids, and their teacher. I've learned so much from them, and I'm pretty sure they've learned something from me...even if it is just how to pronounce vocabulary.

My second grade science class had their last class with me, and I think they've been the class that's taken it the hardest. I'm not sure what it is about this class, but they really do not want me to leave. I've been getting mobbed for the past few weeks with group hugs, which is both awesome and terrifying since I'm worried someone will get hurt. But they blew me away with the cards they made me. They wrote and drew whatever they wanted, and the cards are the best ego boost I could ever get.


"Becca you are the best in the world and I am going to miss you. With hugs."


"You are my best teacher in the world."


"Thank you for teaching us so many things. We are going to miss you. With love, Blanca"


"Becca is a star." I should frame this somewhere I'll always see it so I can't have a bad day.


"Calendar: I love you a lot. You are my best teacher in the world."


 I have quite a few cards of swans with hearts for my future wedding (I think) and they're all from my boys in the class. I love them. New wedding decorations?





No comments:

Post a Comment