Monday, September 5, 2011

Not What I Expected

I'm currently sitting at home in Houston, Texas, instead of sitting in Sevilla starting orientation. Through circumstances out of my control, I was not able to leave for Spain yesterday. Hopefully, I'll be leaving September 18th, and probably not doing the immersion course. I don't know how I feel about all of this. I know God is in control of it all, and that His plan is infinitely better than my plan, but I did spend most of Friday sobbing about it all. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and now I'm doing more waiting. I am not a patient person. I have a hard time waiting for anything, much less the most exciting and terrifying and exhilarating adventure of my life so far. So cross your fingers, say a prayer, and think good thoughts for me some time in the next two weeks, and I'll have better news for you all soon!

The hardest part is preparing myself to leave the US and Tom this week, and instead still being here. I cried almost all last weekend because it's just depressing to think of how long it'll be until we see each other. We did celebrate our birthdays a month early, and I got fabulous presents that are coming to Spain, so that was an awesome boyfriend move. (I now own season 5 of Psych on DVD and Up on DVD!! Best presents ever.) I got him nothing useful and instead gave him random gifts that I thought were cool like graph paper sticky notes, rocket and robot window gel stickers, and a Mr. Right t-shirt.) Obviously, I am a stellar present buyer.

I cannot wait to have pictures and things to show you about Spain! Maybe I'll do a packing post and show you how much stuff I'm taking with me, and you can all tell me that I'm way over packed and to stop being so high-maintenance.

Dios le bendiga,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment