Friday, March 2, 2012

Brain dump

I'm still fighting off this cold I've had since January. I'm ignoring the cold from December since I was better when I was home in Texas- or at least I was too happy and busy to notice it. That means I've been sick for 2 months with a bad cold and a cough and no other symptoms. No fever, no aches, not even a painful cough....there's no symptoms that a doctor could fix, and really, the idea of communicating in Spanish just to be told there's nothing they could do doesn't even sounds worth it to me. So, I'm working through it. I do all my hours for work and my private lesson- I just don't do as much on the weekends or my days off.

Sometimes I worry that my Epstein-Barr Virus is coming back. Not very often, because I tend to believe that if I refuse to acknowledge it then it could never come back. Kind of how I got over it by living my life like I didn't have it. (This strategy only works for non-serious conditions...I don't count my EBV as serious.) I have so many things to do this summer and fall that I can't be sick for them. If I have to be sick, I'm glad it's here while I have the free time to relax and sleep and rest as much as possible. I do miss having people who can help me when I need it though.

I'm so excited about this summer! I get just a few days home, and then I'll be starting my crazy busy summer, and I can't wait! Work, going to friend's weddings, planning and preparing for ours, finding a new job in Oklahoma, moving myself to Oklahoma for good, and hopefully starting my teaching career. That's a lot, but I think I do better when I have a busy schedule, and none of my responsibilities are things I want to give up. I'm already mourning that this is my last summer to work summer camps at HMNS.

There's not really a point to this, I just needed to write about things.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I noticed your blog when reading some comments on todaysletters! And I really enjoyed reading it! I'm a senior in college ! And I would love to teach abroad, I see you're in Spain and was wondering how you ended up teaching there! If you could please let me know more information I'd really appreciate it! My email is asalazar268@ gmail.com thanks again! :D

    ReplyDelete